Business Development Director at iSIZE
To execute on business development strategy, drive business development activities and expand iSIZE customer base across the USA. Industry: AI / Tech / Entertainment
Video capacity needs are exploding worldwide, with no end in sight for years to come. Managing capacity and costs are now becoming a strategic issue for many bandwidth providers, and iSIZE addresses this problem head on, with an innovative, amazingly elegant, platform agnostic solution. The results speak for themselves
Patrick Pichette, Chairman of the board at Twitter and ex- Google CFO
We are looking for an experienced, technically astute, sales-oriented Business Development Director, based anywhere in USA (Preferably California/ Silicon Valley). In this role you will execute on business development strategy, drive business development activities and expand iSIZE customer base across the USA. This role will report directly to CEO. This job is a full-time role.
As the Business Development Director, you will head up all sales activities, will have extensive knowledge of helping solve businesses` pain points, providing total solutions on an end to end basis.
Leveraging your existing network of C-level industry contacts, you will create new business opportunities with entertainment, broadcasting, telco’s verticals in USA. You need to be a confident and experienced sales professional – able to research, locate, win, and build strong relationships with prospective companies.
Candidates will ideally have a genuine passion for video delivery (OnDemand and Live Streaming), experience of selling cloud-based technology platforms or SaaS solutions and an exceptional track record of closing multi-million dollar deals and exceeding sales targets.
You will be highly driven and dynamic self-starter, self-sufficient, bringing ambition, with excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
Due to current circumstances related to COVID 19 this is a remote role. Applicants must be prepared to travel (when safe) to meet with customers, attend exhibitions & conferences and enjoy networking and identifying new customers to speak with.
A competitive compensation package will be provided, including share options. You will be given a unique career opportunity to join a fast growing Video AI technology solutions company and shape up the future of video delivery.
Candidates must have US citizenship or hold an independent visa to live and work in the US without the need for sponsorship.
- Manage and develop sales strategy aligned to the iSIZE Go-To-Market strategy
- Identify prospects, pitch new deals, create proposals, negotiate agreements and win new business
- Developing new partnerships and proactively look for new business opportunities to increase commercial revenues across the business
- Help develop a repeatable end-to-end partnership development process
- Manage partner relationships across their entire lifecycle from onboarding to ongoing success
- Understand the product roadmap and customer value propositions to bring in partners that align and accelerate value provided to prospects and our user base
Skills and Experience Required
- 10+ years of relevant work experience with business development in the video and/or SaaS space (ideally in both B2B and B2C)
- A proven leader and a self-starter who can independently lead both strategy and execution, and communicate effectively up and down
- Proven ability to develop strategic partner relationships across a broad spectrum of industries
- Demonstrate a strong track record in landing big ticket deals
- Ability to understand and articulate complex technical aspects of the technology
- Experience building, managing, and developing a business development team
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial and driven personality with proven background in developing relationships with key decision makers and influencers
- Very good understanding of the media and entertainment industry. Maintain up to date knowledge of industry news and trends, products, services, and competitors
- Willingness and ability to travel (when travel is safe)
Why Join iSIZE Team
- Be part of an award-winning & rapidly-growing start-up company in deep learning and video streaming technologies
- Possibilities to interact with top-tier industry experts who are trialling or using iSIZE technologies worldwide
- Opportunity to revolutionize video delivery, by bringing efficient, intelligent and sustainable solutions to businesses and the end users
- Reduce energy consumption and environmental impact of video streaming
- Opportunity to work with very diverse & passionate team
- Funded by leading European VC and well recognised tech investors and executives
- CDL Oxford AI Cohort graduate and backed by some of the leading tech experts
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
iSIZE specializes in deep learning for video delivery and has developed a deep perceptual ‘precoder’ – a software solution that uses AI-trained to “see with the human eye” in order to optimize visual quality in order to save video bitrate during encoding. Its flagship product, BitSave, available both as a SaaS platform at bitsave.tech and for on-premise use, reduces encoding bitrates by up to 40% without compromising perceptual video quality. The technology is deployed as an add-on feature to conventional video encoding pipelines (AVC, HEVC and AV1), without requiring any changes in the streaming process or the client devices. This results in substantial bandwidth, energy and cost savings for VoD and live streaming services, broadcasters and the end consumers. You can see a presentation about our work in the AOMedia Research Forum here and read one of our first preprints here.
iSIZE is the first company to offer bolt-on and backward-compatible precoding solutions that allows video content to be sent and received at far lower transfer rates without any loss of quality. With video content predicted to make up 80% of the internet by 2022, it has never been more important to reduce the data, financial and energy costs of streaming.
More information is available from www.isize.co
Apply by sending your CV, plus a cover letter, to email@example.com
- Taking on the growing challenge of rising content volumes and a spiking carbon footprint October 8, 2021 Posted in: In The Press
- Digital Studio Magazine: Nabbed by mixed realities October 5, 2021 Posted in: In The Press
- Deep Perceptual Preprocessing with a Difference September 27, 2021 Posted in: In The Press
- iSIZE Joins the Alliance for Open Media September 27, 2021 Posted in: News