Video capacity needs are exploding worldwide, with no end in sight for years to come. Managing capacity and costs are now becoming a strategic issue for many bandwidth providers, and iSIZE addresses this problem head on, with an innovative, amazingly elegant, platform agnostic solution. The results speak for themselves
Patrick Pichette, Chairman of the board at Twitter and ex- Google CFO
Permanent, Location: London/ UK
iSIZE Limited is a fast-growing deep-tech company that applies deep learning to optimise video delivery. We are backed by Octopus Ventures (a leading venture capital firm) and notable angel investors including Patrick Pichette, Chairman of Twitter and ex-CFO of Google. We are headquartered in London but have a growing U.S presence with our customers including some well-known Big Tech companies in Silicon Valley.
We are looking for an experienced Finance & Operations Manager to take ownership over developing and executing a global finance and operations strategy to enable our ambitious growth targets. Revenue-generating and having recently raised a further £4.5m in funding, this is a critical leadership role where you will be working closely with the Management team. This role is well suited to a qualified accountant looking to not only take ownership over the finance function of a company, but to also gain broad commercial exposure across a fast-growing business with plenty of opportunities for development. You will be managing our accounting firm and reporting to our COO.
The key role responsibilities include:
- Manage the relationship with our accounting firm to oversee bookkeeping, AP, AR and VAT returns
- Manage the implementation of processes and systems to support the business as it scales
- Responsible for monthly management accounts, month-end reporting and input into board reporting
- Own and improve the financial model and lead budgeting, forecasting and cash management processes
- Maintaining our employee share option schemes in the UK and U.S
- Oversee and liaise with our company secretary to ensure all statutory filings are made on time
- Working with our U.S advisors on building finance processes, systems and capabilities for our newly established U.S company and ensuring an optimal and efficient group structure
- Ensure the company is operating under robust financial controls
- Lead and/or support the Management team with ad-hoc projects
- Drive performance across the business by leading/supporting annual, quarterly and weekly planning and execution
- Work cross-functionally to enable our go-to-market strategy by implementing and leading OKRs, providing analysis and insight into our sales pipeline and input into marketing strategy.
- Support our CTO in managing our growing patent portfolio
- Act as a thought partner to the Management team by bringing your commercial insight and judgement on how to improve all areas of the business as we scale!
- Manage internal knowledge management
Skills and experience required:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA or equivalent)
- Financial modelling skills, core technical accounting knowledge, and ability to use Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong initiative and willingness to learn and figure things out and get things done. We are a supportive and collaborative team, but we all act as owners of the business and trust each other to do whatever is needed to ensure success.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail. Able to work to tight deadlines and poses high sense of urgency. A desire to challenge, change and set stretch goals / targets
- Experience working in a fast paced, high growth, start-up environment
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
Why Join The iSIZE Team
- Be part of an award-winning & rapidly-growing start-up company in deep learning and video streaming technologies
- Possibilities to interact with top-tier industry experts who are trialling or using iSIZE technologies worldwide
- Opportunity to revolutionise video delivery, by bringing efficient, intelligent and sustainable solutions to businesses and the end users
- Reduce energy consumption and environmental impact of video streaming
- Opportunity to work with very diverse & passionate team
- Funded by leading European VC and well recognised tech investors and executives
- CDL Oxford AI Cohort graduate and backed by some of the leading tech experts
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
iSIZE specializes in deep learning for video delivery and has developed a deep perceptual ‘precoder’ – a software solution that uses AI-trained to “see with the human eye” in order to optimize visual quality in order to save video bitrate during encoding. Its flagship product, BitSave, available both as a SaaS platform at bitsave.tech and for on-premise use, reduces encoding bitrates by up to 40% without compromising perceptual video quality. The technology is deployed as an add-on feature to conventional video encoding pipelines (AVC, HEVC and AV1), without requiring any changes in the streaming process or the client devices. This results in substantial bandwidth, energy and cost savings for VoD and live streaming services, broadcasters and the end consumers.
iSIZE is the first company to offer bolt-on and backward-compatible precoding solutions that allows video content to be sent and received at far lower transfer rates without any loss of quality. With video content predicted to make up 80% of the internet by 2022, it has never been more important to reduce the data, financial and energy costs of streaming.
More information is available from www.isize.co
Apply by sending your CV, plus a cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- iSIZE breaks GPU shackles for video upscaling using Intel AMX January 19, 2023 Posted in: In The Press, News
- iSIZE BitClear Achieves AI-based Live Video Denoising and Upscaling with Intel AMX January 19, 2023 Posted in: In The Press, News
- NVIDIA GTC 2023: Bridging the Gap Between “Codec” and “Avatar” January 19, 2023 Posted in: Events, News
- iSIZE BitClear achieves AI-driven live video denoising and upscaling up to 4K with Intel Advanced Matrix Extensions January 10, 2023 Posted in: News