Video capacity needs are exploding worldwide, with no end in sight for years to come. Managing capacity and costs are now becoming a strategic issue for many bandwidth providers, and iSIZE addresses this problem head on, with an innovative, amazingly elegant, platform agnostic solution. The results speak for themselves
Patrick Pichette, Chairman of the board at Twitter and ex- Google CFO
Permanent, Location: London/ UK
iSIZE Limited is a fast-growing deep-tech company that applies deep learning to optimise video delivery. We are backed by Octopus Ventures (a leading venture capital firm) and notable angel investors including Patrick Pichette, Chairman of Twitter and ex-CFO of Google. We are headquartered in London but have a growing U.S presence with our customers including some well-known Big Tech companies in Silicon Valley.
Fast growing Video AI technology company is looking for an experienced HR Manager to support our growth and people and development needs. This role will be on a full time basis, reporting in to the COO. Together with the Management team you will build and develop the team, drive high engagement and performance through effective management and leadership. This is a pivotal role in helping a high-growth company achieve its ambitious growth targets and double our team size across the UK and US this year.
The key role responsibilities include:
- Manage and execute the full employee life cycle, including recruitment, onboarding and offboarding lifecycle, and employee relations
- Maintain compliance with employment laws and regulations in the UK and US and coordinate with local advisors where necessary. Review company guidelines and practices to maintain compliance.
- Overseeing and managing all compliance and international mobility aspects of the workforce, ensuring all documentation is up to date and compliant with UK legislation.
- Overseeing and manage of monthly payroll process, as well as pension, reward and benefits programmes in the UK and US (outsourced in both countries)
- Keep our HR system updated with all employee information
- Take full ownership of all aspects of the recruitment process, including; role profiling, candidate sourcing, CV screening, conducting interviews.
- You'll help create internal company wide routines for support and follow up on performance issues, sick leave, return from parental leave, contract breaches, etc.
- Analyse trends in compensation and benefits; research and propose incentive programs to ensure we attract and retain top talent in the digital realm
- Provide support and guidance to any member team when issues of sensitive nature arise with the appropriate discretion and confidentiality. Deal with issues and escalations in a timely and effective manner, identifying the root cause and solving for the immediate, but also for the future.
- Providing support, guidance, and advice to line managers within the business, on all HR and ER related matters, in a professional and timely manner
- Working at a very fast pace with lots of ambiguity and change
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum 5+ years working within an HR Generalist position, including International HR experience and minimum of 2+ years working in an operational roles
- Experience working in a fast paced, high growth, start-up environment – essential
- Strong understanding of UK employment law essential/ US employment law and practices – preferred
- Recruitment experience including interviewing and direct sourcing for Technical Roles (e.g. Machine Learning Engineers, Software Developers etc.)
- Experience creating and administering compensation and benefits models
- A Can Do attitude and taking ownership is a must. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Able to work to tight deadlines and poses high sense of urgency. A desire to challenge, change and set stretch goals / targets.
- Tech savvy, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You will be highly driven and dynamic self-starter, that is strategic and operational, willing to operate on various levels and follow through on commitments.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Ability to build trust. Excellent communication skills in English (written and verbal). Be curious about and have a genuine and deep passion for working with and understanding people. Have a natural ability to make people feel comfortable around you
Why Join The iSIZE Team
- Be part of an award-winning & rapidly-growing start-up company in deep learning and video streaming technologies
- Possibilities to interact with top-tier industry experts who are trialling or using iSIZE technologies worldwide
- Opportunity to revolutionize video delivery, by bringing efficient, intelligent and sustainable solutions to businesses and the end users
- Reduce energy consumption and environmental impact of video streaming
- Opportunity to work with very diverse & passionate team
- Funded by leading European VC and well recognised tech investors and executives
- CDL Oxford AI Cohort graduate and backed by some of the leading tech experts
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
iSIZE specializes in deep learning for video delivery and has developed a deep perceptual ‘precoder’ – a software solution that uses AI-trained to “see with the human eye” in order to optimize visual quality in order to save video bitrate during encoding. Its flagship product, BitSave, available both as a SaaS platform at bitsave.tech and for on-premise use, reduces encoding bitrates by up to 40% without compromising perceptual video quality. The technology is deployed as an add-on feature to conventional video encoding pipelines (AVC, HEVC and AV1), without requiring any changes in the streaming process or the client devices. This results in substantial bandwidth, energy and cost savings for VoD and live streaming services, broadcasters and the end consumers.
iSIZE is the first company to offer bolt-on and backward-compatible precoding solutions that allows video content to be sent and received at far lower transfer rates without any loss of quality. With video content predicted to make up 80% of the internet by 2022, it has never been more important to reduce the data, financial and energy costs of streaming.
More information is available from www.isize.co
Apply by sending your CV, plus a cover letter, to email@example.com
- iSIZE raises $6.3m in funding led by Octopus Ventures to tackle environmental impact of video streaming May 6, 2021 Posted in: News
- iSIZE BitSave: High-quality video at lower bitrates via Intel DL Boost May 6, 2021 Posted in: Technical Articles
- The Emergence of AI and Machine Learning in Creative Media April 26, 2021 Posted in: News
- Deep perceptual optimization for video encoding April 12, 2021 Posted in: Technical Articles